Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Trek: Day Three in Gulfport, MS

The chilly morning greeted us with frost as we ventured outside to load our luggage back into the car.  It was so cold that the family dog Sara, curled up and nestled into a pile of leaves, chose to stay put rather than brave the air to get up and bid us farewell.  Hugs, love expressed and coffee cups in hand, we had to say goodbye.  We meandered slowly down the dirt road away from the house waving goodbye to Meme and Papa as they stood pressed against the storm door waving back at us.

A long day in the car toured us through Atlanta, GA which was chaotic at best and insane at worst.  The multitude of red strings representing major highways jumbled across the gps screen as we tried to navigate our way through the intertwined superstructures without incident.



We made our way out of the city intact, headed west and caught the cheapest gas sign we've seen so far.  The gas station, while not confirmed, was most probably photographed in some city, Alabama.

Eventually, and I do mean eventually, we arrived in Gulport, MS!  We unpacked quickly and met up with our dinner guests in the hotel lobby and sped off to dinner with them.  I was so delighted to see my friends, so caught up in the joy of the evening, that I actually forgot to take a photo of us together.  (Crazy, I know! Unlike me...totally!)

Ahh...but we're here for the night.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

{{{squealing!}} OOOoooo! OOOOoo! Ooooo! My turn!! :D

Karen said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Imagine that, having too good of a time to take a photo! Nice!

Basir Seerat's Photography. said...

excellent , and lovely atmosphiar blog espacilly the temp ...
also you have nice photos too,

Teaworthy said...

I hope you have a fabulous time and safe travels home!

~ Denise ~ said...

Thanks, Basir, for stopping by and readiing. Thank you!

Karen - have you ever done that? mmm...I really think this is the first time I've had my camera in my pocket and totally forgot about it! lol

Angi - your turns coming. ;)

Thanks, TAG, your comments are treasured here. ;)