Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Trek: Day Four (Christmas Eve)

Just wanted to let you know that I am not posting our trek in real time and am lagging a few days behind our actual events.  But, today, I wanted to wish you Happy New Year!  I hope that 2009 is a year filled with hope, possibility and joy for you. 

***   ***   ***

Awakened in Gulfport, MS with jolts of excitement about the day's events, I bounded downstairs to meet my friend in the lobby.  Starbucks in hand, we headed out to her salon for an impromptu quick trim on the new hairstyle.  A snip here, a swoosh there....a nice little pick-me-up on the locks to get me through the trek and back home.   


We grabbed some lunch together and giggled, laughed and unleashed lots of  bottled up friendship fun and antics! ;)  We headed back to her place to visit with the kids and the one and only Dell.  

After a few moments of schnauzer-love with me, Dell decided that Mr. Smart Guy's lap was where he really wanted to be. 


And then, sadly, it was time.  Time to say goodbye once more. Time to get on the road and make the longer than anticipated drive to Houston, TX.  

2 comments:

20-something said...

dogs everywhere love mr smart guy .. who would have think it ;)

Unknown said...

It's hard to tell who is havin' more fun: those crazy chicks, the DellDog, or Mr. Smart Guy!

LOLOL