Thursday, January 29, 2009

A friend sent me a link to a YouTube video and I hesitated, like I always do, about whether I should watch it or not.  I usually don't have a lot of time for "forwards", chain mail and that kind of stuff; I have even gotten pretty adept at letting others know not to fill my inbox with it.  (with a really sweet voice and a "would you mind not sending me....")

But, this friend that sent me the link, knows me well.  She knows me so well that she knew I needed to see this video. 

Will you please watch it?  I think you may need to see it too.



I realized, once I wiped my tears and blew my nose a few times, that I am blessed with many great friends!  And, we have been through much.... weathering our lives together hand-in-hand.

We've seen each other through much of what the video shares regarding life's hard blows.  We have seen diagnosis' and chemo and surgeries and parents' passing away and husbands who have walked out.  We've cried on shoulders through failed pregnancy attempts, our teenagers disappointments and our own feelings of parental inadequacy and failure.

We've experienced sheer joy when we've each discovered that we are not the only one on the planet who's found egg on our face after an embarrassing moment.  There have been lots of times filled with laughter and love and faith sharing and meal providing.

There have been a lot of prayers said on each other's behalf.

My friends.... I love you so very much!  Thank you for allowing me to journey through life with you.  ;)

Love bears all things, 
believes all things, 
hopes all things, 
endures all things.
1 Cor 13:7 ESV

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ya coulda warned me!!! :boohooohooo:

Back at ya, girl. back at ya.

Karen said...

wow, that was great! thanks for sharing!

2 Babes in Boyland said...

I love you! So many words, so very true.

Laura Jayne said...

Still crying... wow.