Friday, January 16, 2009

The Trek: Day 12 & 13

Drive, drive, drive.

Stay the night in Bakersfield, CA.

Drive, drive, drive.

Arriving in Northern California.  


Drive, drive, drive.

We're here!   


The landscape is much more beautiful here than I was prepared for.  The mountains loom on three sides of our new place and the San Francisco Bay beckons us to play in the city not too far away.  The traffic lights are long here, there's almost 1 million people just in San Jose alone but we find ourselves enjoying stimulating, intellectual interaction with other Silicon Valley inhabitants.  

It's not "home" yet.  But...just wanted to welcome you here all the same.  ;)

2 comments:

Laura Jayne said...

I have so enjoyed following your trek. This post struck me as the picture just looked so very California. The lay of the street the low foothills in the distance, just was CA. I would love to travel too, but I do like my home in CA.

~ Denise ~ said...

Thanks, Laura Jayne. It's a beautiful state, for sure!