Thursday, January 22, 2009

Me & More

I love reading others answers to memes but rarely do I jump in and keep it going.  However, I really liked the one I spotted on Laura Jane's blog so I decided I wanted to join in.  It would be cool if you choose to copy the meme on your own blog and, if you do, please let me know in the comment section.  I want to read about you, too! ;)  

***   ***   ***

I Am: moody... unfortunately.  There are so many emotions in my heart and thoughts in my head at any given moment that when they collide, like they often do, it sparks a new mood.  I find myself wanting to be "steady" but realize the roller coaster in me doesn't see "steady" as an option. lol

I Want: 
friends... the more the merrier!  I love interaction with others, and, well...I am a HIGH extrovert! ha  I strive hard to be a good friend and hope that my legacy is that I have loved my friends well.

I Have: 
lots of thrift store clothes hanging in my closet amidst swanky department store purchases! ... an eclectic mix that reveals an inner desire to be thrifty and yet still enjoy nice things.

I Wish: 
others would embrace positive conflict resolution... I am drained easily when others in my life avoid hard conversations and the will to resolve conflict in relationships. 

I Fear: 
letting others read my writing... Crazy...I know.  Insecurity...I guess.   

I Hear: 
myself breathe... this is abnormal!  lol  I just have a bit of a cold and everything is amplified in my head right now!  ;)

I Search: 
for authenticity in others... I try hard to "be real" and find it cool to see others be vulnerable and be who they really are.

I Wonder: 
... who I'll be in ten years.  Will I be wiser?  More loving?  More active towards lessening the great needs of others in our world?  Or, will I just be who I am now with a few more wrinkles? 

I Regret: 
not being able to have more children... it would have been fun to have had a really large family.  (all boys, of course! lol)

I Love: hearing, "Hey, Mom, listen to this one that I just wrote" as Theatre Dude grabs the acoustic guitar and starts to sing his latest creation.  Which, by the way, is usually really good!


I Dance: whenever I hear a groovy beat
... even in the grocery store aisle! ha 

I Sing: 
really good in the car... when I'm alone and can really belt out the tunes at the top of my lungs...and no one else is listening.  ;)  

I Never: have forgotten... how lucky I am to have been born into the privileges of an American lifestyle.


I Rarely: go to the zoo
 ... even though I love animals and love the zoo.  

I Cry: when I'm not included
... If I feel rejected by a person or a group I'll usually cry a lot. ;(  

I Am Not Always: right
... even though I think I am most of the time. lol  

I’m Confused: 
when Mr. Smart Guy starts talking algorithms... cuz then I'm a goner! 

I Need: a to-do list
... I'm lost without one!  I need to strategize, list out action items, prioritize them by need and available resources. Organization.....organization....organization! lol

I Should: have a great day
... it's off to a really nice start! ;)

6 comments:

Laura Jayne said...

I am not a huge meme person either, but somehow this one really inspired me. And I so enjoyed reading your offerings here. It is fun to get these bits and pieces of people this way. :) Laura Jayne

20-something said...

check out mine :)

Chris said...

Your writing is quite good!

~ Denise ~ said...

Thanks Laura Jayne & Contest Chris. I appreciate your kindness! ;)

LeAnne - I like yours! Thanks for continuing the meme! ;)

Unknown said...

Hey! This meme is better than most! I'll use it for my tomorrow post. :D

And never fear: I thnk you are a GREAT writer! :)

~ Denise ~ said...

aww..thanks for the affirmation, Angi! ;) I'm looking forward to seeing your post.