Monday, January 26, 2009

Alive!

I kicked my legs over the side of the bed and gently rolled myself upright.  I stretched and yawned and rolled my shoulders a bit to get all of my body parts to realize the day had begun.  

Wait!

What??

I didn't hear myself breathing.  As in, I didn't hear the breath sounds that have been so loud in my head this week.  Sounds as though I was in a self-enclosed, sound amplifying tunnel, kind-of you can't hear anything else but the roar of your own breath kind of sounds.  

And then, I quickly discovered, albeit a few missed notes and a little rough on the pitch, that I had a voice!  

A real voice.

Not a squawker. Not a squealer.  Not a rasper.

But, my own real voice emerged almost as fragile as a newborn chick gently making it's way out of the egg shell. 

Unable to contain my enthusiasm, I near-sprinted to the coffee pot for my initial jolt of life juice.  

Ahhh....I'm feeling better! ;)


4 comments:

2 Babes in Boyland said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you are finally feeling better!! Don't overdue!! hahaha, yeah right, huh?!?! :o)

2 Babes in Boyland said...

Oh, and yes, it should be over DO!! You are an overachiever, NOT a library book!! oopps.

~ Denise ~ said...

Ha, that's funny Mt4S - maybe I am a library book afterall. **snicker**

Unknown said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!!!

Can ya believe it????


(Have ya lost it again from talking so much???)


LOLOL