Friday, May 1, 2009

Looking Back

Copernicus

He has not allowed himself to be in the moment because he's been so intent on looking back to how things were, instead of how things are, that he refuses to allow himself to be happy.  He has been unruly and stubborn and is just making himself miserable by pining away for things that aren't going to happen.  Unfortunately, he's been caught up in all of the change of our Coastal Craziness and he's letting everyone know exactly how unhappy he is.  

He's been acting out-of-sorts by:

  • grumbling
  • being anti-social
  • chewing the foyer rug 
  • taking toilet papers streams through the house
  • not obeying simple commands on purpose

But, I saw a glimpse of the old him.  Just a small glimpse of a happier puppy who was ok with life for just a moment.  But, it wasn't until I said, "C'mon, Copernicus, let's go for a ride".  And, there, in the moment, I saw my sweet, lovable puppy.

Oh, Copernicus...put your Change Agent cape on and join the rest of us, won't you?  Take all of the change in stride and look at the brighter side - you're an only puppy for a little while.  You don't have to share anything right now and you get all of the treats and walks and lovin' and belly scratchin'.  That sounds like a pretty sweet deal for you, puppy. ;)

In the meantime, I'm doing my part and trying to spend as much time with him as possible. And, repeating, "I love my puppy, I love my puppy, I love my puppy", because things are really getting out of hand.  A rug?  Sheesssh....he didn't even do that as a little puppy guy! 

4 comments:

Kevin Stone said...

Well it is all a very confusing time for them aswell. He is use to his home and life the way they were and now it is all new. poor little guy. Hang in their with him they get stressed too.

Unknown said...

Awww . . .

memories of a discombobulated dell meister flash before my face.

come on, Cap. It'll be ok. honest . . .

:sigh:

:sad:

:hugs:

Ms. Tee said...

He's so cute! Now I have to go read up on your "coastal craziness"~ :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a precious face!