Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just in Time

He came home from show choir practice limping and favoring his left foot from being kicked by a choir-mate.  (um, is that even a word?  What on earth do you call a peer show choir person?) Anyway, it took some serious coaxing on my part to get Theatre Dude to agree to having it checked out by the doctor.  He was solely focused on his character in the upcoming 4 performances of "Grease" next weekend and the fact that his "wardrobe" does not include a cast! After much parental persuasion though, he finally acquiesced and we were off to the doctor's office.  

Once there, I quickly found the need to amuse myself while he was getting all checked in so I whipped out my iPhone and snapped a quick picture.  He said, "Mom!  What are you doing?"

I was, of course, giggling!


.... and taking another photo. ;0


1 x-ray
1 nice doctor
2 great nurses

... and we're out the door with:

1 pair of crutches
1 ace bandage
3 prescribed "icings" a day
0 weight on the foot for 3 days
1 more x-ray in 7 days (just to make sure)

Um, did I mention that he's in "Grease" next week with 4 show performances? It's gonna be tough keeping him down!  However, looking on the bright side, he'll get tons of sympathy from the chickies and even be granted permission to ride the elevator at school.  Ahhh...the finer things in life, don't you think?


In all seriousness, I think it's pretty ironic that Theatre Dude played football, offensive and defensive line positions, for 7 consecutive years and didn't sprain or break anything.  Who knew show choir was so dangerous? Sheesh!!

But, I'm thankful that I made it home just in time....to be his momma. ;)

3 comments:

Heather said...

This is such a GREAT post, Denise! I love it. That look on his face in the first photo is priceless...hahaha.

And, what the heck? Getting kicked by a choir mate - what's that all about? Kicked so hard that you must go to the Dr.? No wonder he wasn't for going...especially, as you said...having been in football without injury.

A good momma, you are. He'd better do as the Dr. and momma say - or he may not be dancing around in his play next week ;o)

Unknown said...

:snort!: That first pic is a HOOT! LOLOL and I LOVe the punch line: football . . .etc . . .but SHOWCHIOR?!?!

:rotflol:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness. I would enlarge and frame that first picture! I LOVE it!