Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Loss

When I heard the news, I completely cocooned myself with the information as I grasped and struggled and tried to make my way through the emotions of how to comprehend such loss.  You see, one of the guys who my family has had in our lives for a number of years, now a junior in high school, just lost his parents in a car accident.  In just one second, he became a family of one.  

And...I am grieving for him. 

And...I'm sad that I can't be there to hug him, or to hold his hand or to tell him just how hard it is to watch his heart hurt.  I'm sad I can't be there to help hold his head up so that he could breathe his next breath despite the enormity of his loss.  

And...then, I had to let Theatre Dude know what had happened.  A conversation within text, a very long three thousand miles away and I let out a heart-sigh when I realized we received the information at about the same time and, of course, Theatre Dude had already contacted him...letting him know we loved him.

And...now, a few days later, I'm faced with making decisions and putting a plan of action in place should a potential event like this happen in my own family; especially given our high risk situation of Coastal Craziness.  

And...as sad as this post is, I hope that you will join me and put a plan of action in place as well.  
 

6 comments:

Heather said...

I am lifting this young man up in prayer.

Denise, I didn't realize that you were originally living in VA. My Uncle lived there in Manassas? - I think that's how it's spelled...something like that - for years. Military family.

Dan Felstead said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan Felstead said...

Denise,
I am so sorry. The loss of anyone, especially so unexpectedly before they had the chance to live out their lives is so tough and seems so unfair. Personally, I believe that there is a reason for this loss and someday it will become apparent but that doesn't make today any easier. Our prayers are with you friend and his extended family.

I like many others who have read your post will think of this and make our plans...maybe the reason is already coming to light.

Dan

Unknown said...

{{gasp!}}

{My mind clocking through faces and names, wondering . . .}

Prayers for this young man. oh. my.

{sadness.} :(

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. My thoughts are with you and your family and of course the young man.

Ali said...

I am so sad to hear about this tragedy. I cannot imagine how hard this is on the young man, I will keep him in my prayers this week.