Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not so Glamorous

I just wanna rant a little so that I can dispel the myth that my current travel schedule is glamorous...just in case you were thinking that! lol ;)

As I sit in the airport this morning and wait to board my plane, I am keenly aware of the pain involved with flying.  There is a lack of seating that is woefully evident and not accommodating to the mass of travelers in this area.  It's a good thing I got here 2 hours early so that I could get a seat! ;)

Oh, wait...I just had a fabulous idea...."The Spa Spot".  Anyone want to throw in some venture capital monies toward my idea?  It would be a spa setting within the airport where passengers are allowed to peacefully wait for their departing flight at a cost-per-hour fee without:

  • Listening to the extremely loud woman who is talking on her cell phone and can be heard by everyone within a 4-block radius.  And...she's totally oblivious to the fact that others may not want to here her conversation.
  • The screech of the airline employee blasting something unintelligible over the loud speaker is minimized so that I won't require a visit to an audiologist afterward to get checked for permanent damage.
  • Constantly scanning the overcrowded, not-enough-seats in the seating area to ensure that there are no elderly or physically challenged travelers who needs my seat more than I do.  Maybe I could actually relax in my seat and not feel so guilty that I actually have a seat.
  • Soothing aromas would immediately begin to push out the anxious thoughts of flying or being in a plane with a gabillion people or the swine flu and the bummer that no one is wearing masks.  
  • Earthy, world music would be settling weary hearts down instead of the hard rap music that's blasting distorted bass through that guy's headphones that he's sharing with a few of us that are seated around him.
  • Inviting ergonomic chaise lounges with freshly laundered blankets so that you could stretch out before you get cramped into tiny, hard spaces on the plane that, more likely than not, have someone who will spill over onto my side and take the armrest plus a few more inches. 
If you'd like to contribute to the Spa Spot please let me know and we'll begin to move forward with negotiations. ;)

So, now I'm off.  Ready to brave another travel experience that hopefully will go without mention.  Well...past those things that I've already mentioned.  *snicker*  

Signed...the not-so-glamorous, not flying the friendly-anything skies,

me.  c u smyle. ;)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Spa? did someone say Spa??

I think they ought to create a spa flight! Get your treatments in the air! :D

{praying you home}

2 Babes in Boyland said...

Praying for you as we await your arrival back on the right coast!!! I love you and when I HAVE some venture capital, it is yours for The Spa Spot!! AWESOME idea!!

Erin said...

Sounds like a great idea to me!

Kevin Stone said...

Spa Spot? How bout a Driving Range theme? I might be able to spot a couple of bucks for that. LOL. Safe Travels to ya.

Dan Felstead said...

Denise,
I certainly empathize with you. I flew for years on a weekly basis in my past life. For me, it all changed on 911. Pre 911 I enjoyed flying...post 911 it became an ever increasing nightmare. I am glad to be away from that rat race now. Good luck!

Dan

Unknown said...

Hi Denise,
I agree with you about plane travel. It is stressful, from getting to the airport in time, to hoping your bags pop out on to the carousel at the other end.
The only good thing about flying is getting to wonderful places, or meeting up with precious people.
Once, I used to do a lot of long distance train travel, which is great if you have time. More recently we spent three weeks exploring Japan by train. It was a wonderful way to see the country.

minnesotatransplant said...

I think a Spa Spot is a marvelous idea, but I love airports even with the noise and screechy employees because the people watching is fascinating! So make sure your spa spot has windows to the walkway!