Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Sighed

I stepped into his closet.
Each piece of clothing draped on hangers spaced evenly apart.
I could almost see him standing here, choosing what to wear.

And, I sighed.

I grabbed his shirt.
A sweatshirt made of soft fabric,  just like his touch, in his favorite color grey.
I hid my face in the folds of it and could almost smell his cologne.

And, I sighed.

I put his shirt on.
I could almost sense him smiling at my good choice.
I made my way out of the closet and towards our bed.

And, I sighed.

I climbed under the covers.
I laid on his side so that I could put my head where his had been.
I could almost feel him wrapping his arms around me.

And, I sighed.

I closed my eyes.
I wanted to lay there until he came home again.
I could almost feel the time passing by more quickly.

And, I sighed.

4 comments:

2 Babes in Boyland said...

OH, so sweet! I'm sorry that he's not there! Hope your sweet Cappie and Newton can help make the time pass more quickly - they are kinda grey and snuggly, too!

Teaworthy said...

Great post and I hope you don't have to wait too much longer. Until then, I recommend chocolate, cheezy movies and a book store splurge.

Karen said...

That's too sweet - I'm not poetic at all, but had a similar feeling this morning. My hubby left for work this morning before I got out of bed...I had un-knowingly rolled over onto his side of the bed. As he was leaving he wished me a good day, then he stuck his head back in the bedroom and said (in a playful tone, of course) "whatcha doing on MY SIDE??" I stayed there for a few minutes with a smile!

~ Denise ~ said...

mom - Your recommendation made me giggle cuz the boys are kinda grey and snuggly. *snort*

tag - Yep, it's that kinda week. ;(

karen - funny how we love the other side of the bed,eh? there's something so familiar, so safe and so comforting about his side. I wonder what they think about our side of the bed? mmm....