Sunday, November 30, 2008

Melancholy

My family and I arrived home from our annual pilgrimage to Wintergreen Resort for the Thanksgiving holiday just a bit melancholy.  This trip was so much more restful and reflective than our previous jaunts have been.  Maybe because we knew this may be our last journey up the mountain.  Life has been changing so quickly for us that we've begun to hold onto small moments like these to savor and enjoy before they evaporate and disappear.

Maybe I'm a touch melancholy today.  

A little sad that our mountain trip came to a close.  

So, I thought I'd share some of the intricacies that made this trip so sweet.  

Enjoy!

***   ***   ***
Sleeping boys.



Non-electronic family competition that produced lots of laughter and fun.


Reminders so I will not lean on my own understanding but acknowledge God in all my ways so that he will direct my path.



A craft that I could participate in that didn't require a glue gun.


A fabulous read about 13 women in their 50's who were looking for something more in their life and found it by establishing community with each other via a diamond necklace.  I laid the book down inspired to put more effort into establishing relationships and grabbing friends to join me in serving others for the betterment of our community.


Time to adore my Mr. Smart Guy (previous dog despiser turned mini schnauzer lover) who took the boys on their first walk in the snow.


Having Theatre Dude with us!

Hair disasters that have ended with something I could live with.  By the way, it was not my hairdresser's fault but more my own lack of product knowledge and use.  Who knew? Mmmph!

2 comments:

2 Babes in Boyland said...

I LOVE the hair!! It looks like y'all had fun, and I am WAY impressed with the crafty-craft!! (Glue guns are over-rated!" The Boys sleeping cracked me up! My boys sleep like that, too!!!

Karen said...

yes, the hair looks great. we all knew it!

looks like a wonderful retreat. (great book, also!)