Thursday, September 18, 2008

In my attempt to prepare for our upcoming trip to California, I asked Angi and Dell, aka the big brother, to help coach us through understanding all things crate-airline related.

With dimensions in hand, I took off to the pet store to get the brand-spanking new crate that's appropriate for air travel. I set it up in the kitchen and snoopy baby mini runs over ...

...sniff, sniff...

and proceeds to back up quickly with deft, dance-style moves.

uh-uh. nope. no way.
i don't care what you're thinking about...I'm NOT in!


...wait...
I hear Daddy coming home from work.
SAVE ME, DADDY, PLEAASSSEE!!

Mr. Smart Guy gives Cappie lots of lovin' and then begins to negotiate terms of getting near the new crate.

Ok, Daddy....maybe.
Hold the treat there and I might stand close to the crate.
But, that's it!!
No way! I am not going in!

Then Mr. Smart Guy says, "Let's take the top off and see if he'll just check it out. Maybe he doesn't like how closed in it is."

MMpphh...why are you guys so intent on wanting me to see this thing?

Pretty interesting....but I'm not getting in it. No way! uh-uh.


We quickly come to the decision that our approach is not working. We take the crate upstairs and set it side-by-side his normal crate. And, amidst Copernicus' verbal disapproval....put him in the crate.



I'm not happy!!
I don't care about the treat that's right next to me.
WHAT is happening??
...and, now you wanna take pictures of this injustice??


I hurried. I tried to make it painless as possible for him. But, he's spoiled and pouted for the rest of the evening.


After the initial shock of the smaller, more enclosed atmosphere, Cappie did spend more time in the airline crate without further incident.

He's ready to fly.

Am I?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Multiple comments:

1. AWWWwwww!! He's got FreshHairCutButt! I LOVE FreshHairCutButt! :D

2. Hey! That is the SAME look that Dell gave in crate ~ 'dem eyes! LOL

3. Marc is smart.

4. Yes, you are!!