Friday, September 12, 2008

Lost and Found

Lost.

Completely lost.

Beginning to melt down kinda lost.

...and I was in the grocery store of all places! But, wait, first let me give you the story.

The cashier was scanning my last few items as we continued our pleasant, back and forth conversation. I reach into my purse for my wallet and, **gasp**!!

WHERE is my wallet?

I stopped moving.

A blank stare enveloped my face.

I knew danger was imminent. Identity theft and disaster loomed large in my mind. (and for some wierd reason, the Priceline negotiator theme started playing in my head and a vision of William Shatner appeared)



I looked up at the cashier, and plainly spoke, "I don't have my wallet".

After what seemed like minutes of us moving in slow motion and staring at each other, she asked, "Where was the last time you used a card out of your wallet?"

"Um, I don't know" I replied in a really intelligent way. I was trying to think but no thoughts were forming across the synapses of my brain. I realized the futility of just standing there and quickly began expressing a plan of action of her holding my groceries and me running home for the checkbook and then coming back.

She was patient, calm and just exuded peace.

Me?? Crazy-eyed. No speech but mouth-wide-open-chick. Standing in my hubby's sweatpants, a cute and not-so-ratty tee shirt, day old makeup smeared across my eyelids, flip flops a danglin' and my hair thrown up in a pony tail.

All of a sudden I was becoming very public!

The cashiers had pretty much stopped cashiering and the customers were now looking my way.

I felt lost.

Something precious and priceless of mine was gone and now others in the store were looking on...waiting to see what would happen next.

I scream, "oh, wait....I got it!!"

I yell back to the cashier, "I'll be right back", because I was already halfway out of the store and on the run. I was moving so fast my hair was whipping in the wind, ok, well, maybe it just felt like I was going that fast. lol

I remembered stopping at the gas station before the grocery store. I was thinking maybe I didn't put my wallet back into my purse and it's in the car. I peer into the car window and there it is! My beautiful, shiny, black, Nine-West wallet with a world globe accessory. Aaahhh.....my wallet.

Back in the store, cheers erupted from others and I breathed a huge a sigh of relief.

I looked at the cashier and expressed thanks to her for her service and we ended up thanking God together. Of course she was in the God-family. Everything about her kindness, compassion and willingness to help spoke of her faith.

So, out of my lost state comes one provided by God who's able to assist me.

A lost and found incident that nudged me to remember my very own life story with God. Rescued from being completely lost and now founded in new life with God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

TOTALLY with you in that scene, girl! LOL I might as well have been at yer side, calculating your final steps right there . . .but, then, it would have been a schoch wilder, and louder, and more dramatic, and . . .

{chuckling}

suffice it to say, it's probably best you handled this one on your own! LOLOLOL

{tap tap tap} "Am I on?!?!?"

LOLOL

Anonymous said...

You are an amazingly gifted writer. I was consumed with moving from one sentence right to next. Have you thought about writing fiction???? Or even real life stuff? I love you and I love your blogs.