Monday, September 29, 2008

My Parents' Daughter

Even though I don't spend much time around my family members who live in California, I became keenly aware on this trip of how much we are alike. It caught my attention as I recognized familial similarities in speech, vocal inflection, even stature and posture at times. I am perplexed by this because of the minimal exposure to each other as adults and at the same time thrilled that there are such lineage traits.

I watched my sisters playfully interact with each other and saw a semi-replica of myself and how I interact in my friendships.

Not fully alike. Not completely the same.

But, the same.

So I kept watching.

I looked to my parents. Where are we alike? And, I took note.


My Mom

Coffee lover. Tree hugger. Music lover. Humorous. Humanitarian.
Loves my Dad.

My Dad
Animal lover. Political observer. Technology appreciator. Sentimental. Fixer.
Loves my mom.

And, I've come to the conclusion ...
I am happily and proudly my parents' daughter!

1 comment:

2 Babes in Boyland said...

Such a sweet and touching reflection! It's amazing how much our parents and siblings are pieces of us, no matter how far separated by miles or years.

Hope you are having a great time! Miss you!