Friday, February 27, 2009

Creative Block

I am experiencing, and trying to escape from, what is commonly known as "writer's block".  I have many topics and creative thoughts rolling around cerebrally but when I go to lay my fingertips on the backlighted keyboard...I have nothing!

I'll start to write a piece and then halfway through the process realize that it would offend someone and immediately delete it.  It is frustrating to sit before my computer screen and just be.  I want to write.  I want to express.  **ugh**

There must be a really, really good story coming as it must be brewing somewhere in my being. So, I guess it's a game of wait and see until the story is ready to be birthed.

Until then, I'll stay here looking at the screen who's looking back at me. 


2 comments:

Heather said...

Understood :o)...been there.

Hope you're well, Denise. Multiple back surgeries? The thought alone causes me to shiver.

You know what I've found? When I'm trying to pour from a dry well inside, there's nothing there. When I take even just a moment of time to be re-filled, an amazing amount of creativity pours out of places I never even knew existed :o). God is Good and fills us to overflowing with His creativity, doesn't He though?

Prayerfully thinking of you,
Heather

~ Denise ~ said...

Heather...thank you! God is good and supplies us with all we need. Thanks for the reminder.