Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stupid Human Trick

Having had the opportunity to be around a lot of middle-school and teenaged boys, I've been privileged to witness all sorts of Stupid Human Tricks.  I'll spare you the graphics and just let you know that I didn't have one.  Oh, I tried to twist my arm this way, make my stomach roller coaster sideways, bend my fingers to find a hidden joint beside the normal one, and well, you get the picture.  

Sadly, I must admit to you, I've been rather jealous at their ability to have a body trick that makes them unique.  I had nothing.

So, imagine my surprise when, at a mere 42 years old, I have found my own Stupid Human Trick!

I can yawn on command.

(Trick discovered while trying to get my ears to 
pop after my last airline flight.)

And, while it may not be the best of the tricks around, I'm happy that I have one.  Me...with a Stupid Human Trick.  It's so cool.  What's yours?  ;)


2 comments:

Laura Jayne said...

I can make a sound just like a cork popping with my tongue. Which is entirely stupid and useless. :)


I offered you an award on my blog, yes, I really do think your blog is lovely thing that I enjoy every time you post.

~ Denise ~ said...

I love it, Laura Jayne! ;)

....and thanks for the award. Very cool and I am very appreciative!