Monday, February 23, 2009

When Miracles Happen

I wiggled and pushed and "ouched" my way up as he strategically placed a multitude of pillows around me so that I could sit upright in bed semi-comfortably.  He opened the shutters on our bedroom windows allowing the warm sun rays of light to enter the space and dance around the room before me.  

Then, he moved effortlessly towards my favorite candle, the one that makes its home on the dresser across the room from my bed, and lit the wick poking out of the glass-encased, white wax. Almost immediately, I began to enjoy the light tinges of lavender that spiked the air as it mixed with the undertones of clary sage and together they beckoned me into taking deep, relaxing breaths.

With natural light brightening the room and spa scents floating in the air, he turned around and, with my Mac in hand, asked with a huge grin on his face, "Are you ready for this now?"

Oh, my goodness, was I ever!  "Yes!", I almost shouted at him.

He brought the breakfast tray over, gently rested my computer on it and with his charming way said, "Take it easy.  Don't go overboard."

"Ok", I said, scurrying to open my precious silver laptop and enter the world of my cyber fun!

So, here I am ... a miracle, really!

Four days post the most intense and invasive surgery to date, having had 8 previous back surgeries, and I am awake and alert and doing well.

A miracle, really!  ;)

You are the God who performs miracles;
you display your power among the peoples.
Psalm 77:14


Join me, please, in thanking God for this miracle! 

6 comments:

Kevin Stone said...

I am very glad to see that you are making progress. You are still in our hearts and prayers. With hopes of a speady recovery.

2 Babes in Boyland said...

Oh, Denise, I am crying!! Praise God, from whom ALL blessings do INDEED flow!! I am SO glad to "hear" from you, and Marc sounds like he is doing an admirable job as nurse/caretaker!! I have only called once to check on you because I didn't want to disturb, but I HAVE been praying, and checking here, not at ALL expecting you to have posted!!! I am so glad to know you are OK, and OK enough to post on your blog. I will talk to you soon, my sweet friend!! I love you!! (*slinking off to work on an update. if YOU can do it, 4 days post-surgery, I can probably do it, 6 days post-cold and sinus infection!!*)

20-something said...

yay!!

i consider myself pretty blessed to be able to watch it all from the sidelines :)

you are amazing and we serve a pretty neat God!

Unknown said...

Wowie Kazowie!!! I'm impressed! Faithful Father, fortunate friend . . .love 'em both! :D

Dan Felstead said...

Denise,
Thankfully the surgery has passed and I hope this is the last one. It sounds like you have been on quite a journey with this over the years. It is my hope that you can move on from this once healed this time. I am confident that God has a hand in things like this and he will be by your side as you move to recovery.

I also wanted to know that I have just read your winning Valentines post on PPP...your details about the small unnoticed emotions and body language was very nice and it shows a true observance of not just the big picture but also the intricacies of life. Well done and as cliche as it is...Get well soon!

Dan

~ Denise ~ said...

Thank you so much for the prayers...I am grateful. ;)

Dan - I'm thrilled you enjoyed the Valentines piece..thanks for your kind words! ;)