Saturday, July 4, 2009

God Bless the USA


We already know what will happen.

In just a few hours, we'll head out to enjoy our local AAA team's baseball game.

We will cheer our team on with lots of oohs and shouts! We'll eat lots and lots of food! We'll get to know the new players and guess at whether they'll be any good. Innings will pass.
...and hopefully, we will have won.

But as soon as the game ends, the fireworks display will begin. He'll take my hand and we'll sing. We'll sing loud and with all our hearts. We'll sing because we both believe in freedom and liberty. We 'll look at each other with thankful eyes that we have had the honor of defending those very things.

...and, like always, I will start to cry.

The fireworks display and blasting patriotic songs will stir up my patriotism. For it is truer than true, tears will spill down my cheeks as I sing along with a stadium full of people to Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA, and I will mean every word I sing!

...I will gladly stand up,
next to you
and defend her still today.
For there ain't no doubt,
I love this land....

God bless the USA!

No comments: