Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Storm Rolls In



There it is in the distance.
Moving towards my life.
Not wanting to give way to fear.
But unsure of how to do that at times.
Watching and waiting as another storm rolls in.


It's threatening even from miles away.
With intensity that stirs up such passionate emotions
in me.
Despite the forward swirling movement, there is beauty unfolding.
Right next to me.
Close.
Grabbing my attention.

And, then...seemingly out of nowhere
the storm makes its presence known.
Blinding.
Slinging hit after hit.
Blustering its way in me
 over me
and even through me.

And I start surviving.
Blinking furiously to ward off the rain.
Purposely sitting taller in an effort to bully the storm away from me.
Pressing my shoulders back in defiance against the wind.
I will not give in.
I will not back down.
It is only a storm.
And 
it 
will 
pass.

With the onslaught over, I release my warrior stance. 
 and look up.
There is a gift.  
The kind of gift that only comes after storms pass.
No matter the size or strength of the storm
the gift is always there.

The rainbow pushing through the backdrop of darkness.
And, I see the beauty of change.
Gently making its way in me.
Over me.
And even through me.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

{softly} yeah . . .

2 Babes in Boyland said...

SO beautiful, both words and pictures, and so very true.

I love you!

~ Denise ~ said...

Thanks Angi and Marla. I love your comments..keep 'em coming!

...btw, the photos were taken on my way to pick up the newest mini schnauzer add for the family.

Laura Jayne said...

Wow... so beautifully powerful, love the pictures with this, they add to it so wonderfully.

Dan Felstead said...

Denise,
Great work! I like your take on photos with a narrative. Not only do you comment on a photo but the story continues via several photos...nice twist.

Dan

~ Denise ~ said...

Laura Jane and Dan - your words mean much to me. Thank you both!! ;)