Monday, March 23, 2009

Dog-gone Monday!

There are days when having two puppies, not quite six months apart, seem to take all of the energy I can muster in one day.  And, just when I am tiring of their constant needful watch and maintenance requirements, one or both of them do something that makes me fall in love with them all over again.  

For instance, I am teaching them a new trick using the "capturing" method of training where you take advantage of something that the puppies do normally and reward them with a marker word and praise and/or a treat.  So, knowing that both of the boys throw their bodies into full-body shakes on a regular basis, I decided that their shaking could be a trick that they could do called "hippy, hippy shake!".  

Well, lo and behold, I tried to capture Copernicus performing his hippy, hippy shake! only to reveal a photo in which his ears look much more like propellers that are driving him backward.  


Then, there was a moment of sweetness captured on the stairs. 


...and my heart melts once again as I grab their leashes for another trip outside so that they can do their business again.  Yep, it's a Dog-gone Monday. ;)

7 comments:

Heather said...

They are so adorable, aren't they? I think so.

I'm reading your words and thinking how similar they sound to my thoughts...with three boys :o). Actually, my older ones are learning to be helpful now that they're very able...it's the little man with his Kingly orders that bring me to my weariness.

Your pups are precious to the eye :o)

Unknown said...

Ha! Propellers! Fantastic visual cue - r, that Capster! LOL

I thought of HHS late last night as I took the nearest relative for his final relive of the day. I find I silently say HHS to myself as he shakes the dust (and pollen!) off his back! :D

Ruby Red Slippers said...

They are the cutest things, ever! My hat is off to you-my one dog is more work than all three of my boys! Yours are six months apart and both puppies?! You are my hero...

Ms. Tee said...

Awww, they are so cute! The propeller photo is just too funny. They are a handful, aren't they?!

Erin said...

So CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Love the little faces! :-)

minnesota transplant said...

"Capturing" method of training? Does it work on teen-agers, too? (Cute pics, too!)