Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Is it Just Me?


Wait...it's an honest question and one that I posed to myself as I organized the contents of my dresser.  

Is it just me or are my underwear too tight? 

Before you think it's TMI and turn away, I promise not to divulge any personal, non-fit issues ok?  But, here's my dilemma:

same brand + same size + same style = not the same fit! 

I demand to know what is happening in the undergarment industry!  Are there no quality control standards?  I think the proof is in my drawers (so to speak). 

If I were scientifically minded and wanted to pose a hypothesis I would probably frame the statement around a gender issue.  The guys in my home (and when they were still at home) don't have this issue at all.  They buy a 3-pack of the same brand, same style and voila!  No complaints from them.  

It must be a chick thing.

Anyway, I sorted through the drawer agonizing over the newly erected "to go" pile and now looking at the much smaller "keep" pile.  I added up the approximate cost of the "to go" pile and wanted to scream!  **aaggghhhh** (yelled really, really loud!)

What's a chick to do?  

** sigh**

8 comments:

Dan Felstead said...

I needed a good laugh to start the morning! You are right ...it must be a chick thing...I have to admit I never mused on the way underwear fit!! Great one!

Dan

20-something said...

it's so a chick thing...

and a very frustrating one at that!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Panties are irritating-some fit, some don't, some fit today, and some fit tomorrow...*sigh*
Thanks for visiting my blog

Unknown said...

:SNORT!!!:

Kevin Stone said...

UMMMM......Well,......I don't know........I will ask the wife.

CDB said...

Oh my gosh.. You are totally right here. For a while I thought, of course, "Am I REALLY getting that fat?" But no dice. It was the underwear. You are not alone there!

Thanks for swinging by earlier!

Heather said...

hahaha - Denise, I just bought some new roo's the other day but I must say I like mine.

In my house, it tends to be my guy that gets irritated by the changes from one same exact style/brand to another...isn't that funny?

Like this post :o)

Karen said...

that was so cute - you're absolutely right though - and it's not just underwear - try getting a pair of Docker's chinos to replace the old ones that have now fallen apart....no go there either!